August 30, 2010

Rose in a Rowan Tree


This is the time of year when lots of new - and sometimes unexpected things - start happening.  The nights get longer, the days are rainier - but may still yield some surprises, like that somewhat tired rose amid the rowanberries.

I tend to feel less restless at this time of year, more focused; more inward-looking perhaps, but also with one eye on the changes in the trees and the colours of the hills I can see from my kitchen window. This is a good time for taking stock - harvesting, I guess - and making plans for the winter. Which will be long, as I recall.

Therefore melancholia is also allowed at this time of year, and this I like. It's alright to sit down for a while, to light a candle and to listen to soul-cleansing stuff like this:



Seuraa blogiani Bloglovinin avulla

No comments: